Fall Masala Chai Tea Recipe
With Autumn on its way, it's only natural to want to cozy up with a hot cuppa tea - whether you are indoors with a good book and a cat on your lap, or exploring the Hamilton trails with a thermos in hand.
While we do love our Pumpkin Spice everything, another one of our go-to Fall drinks is Masala Chai: chai black tea steeped in milk on the stove, with a bit of sweetness.
Here's our favourite recipe for making Masala Chai at home!
What you will need:
Milk of choice, Tea Amo Chai tea, sweetener of choice (we love maple syrup or honey), and cinnamon or nutmeg for sprinkling.
1. Bring three cups of the milk of your choice to a simmer on the stove at medium heat. Be sure to stir the milk quite frequently to be sure it doesn't burn.
2. When the mixture begins to get warm, add three bags (or three teaspoons directly to the pot) of Tea Amo Chai black tea.
3. Continue to heat for about 4 minutes, continuing to stir.
4. When the tea and milk is done steeping, add your sweetener of choice and stir in for 30 seconds.
5. Strain into your favourite cup or mug, and enjoy!